Clinical Need for BA Evaluation
About 8-10% of all children population under 18, worldwide, are considered at risk to suffer from growth disorders and may need endocrine treatment and follow-up, including ongoing BA procedures.
BA Enables Physicians to:
- Diagnose conditions that delay or accelerate physical growth and development
- Monitor progress and guide treatment of children with conditions that affect growth, such as: Growth hormone deficiency, hypothyroidism, precocious puberty, adrenal gland disorders, chronic diseases and Genetic growth disorders (e.g. Turner syndrome), etc.
- SonicBone’s BAUSTM enables for the first time to examine children skeletal development condition.in a safe routinely way.
Where is BA being used?
- In Pediatric Endocrinology – to determine the skeletal maturity in the diagnosis of: growth, puberty & endocrine disorders and during follow up of children treated with growth promoting medications.
- By Orthopedic Surgeons – to determine timing for certain surgical interventions.
- In Pediatric Dentistry – to determine timing for orthodontic treatments (bracing).
- In Legal Medicine – to determination of age and maturity for legal purposes
In Sports – for final adult height prediction, in talent selection process, training programs development and injury prevention.