Performs a simple and fast measurement over three skeletal locations on the left hand:
Wrist, Metacarpal and Phalangeal. (Click images to enlarge)
|Wrist Position||Phalangeal Position||Metacarpal Position|
- Radiation-free – ultrasound-based, no biohazard radiation emitted on children.
- Non-operator-dependent readings, delivers better precision than physicians’ interpretation of X-Ray images.
- Facilitates clinical follow up on children under treatments to examine effectiveness of medication.
- Facilitates longitudinal study on child’s skeletal development by the same physician using the same standard and examine changes in the course of time.
- Enables routine & safe evaluation of skeletal development condition.
- Provides final adult height prediction, thereby assisting in determining subsequent treatment steps.
- Digital real-time results, with resolution of months.
- Enables diagnosis, treatments and research in remote areas were x-ray facilities are scarce or not readily available.
- Improves accessibility – BAUS™ is placed in health professionals’ office setting.
- Enables lower healthcare costs at primary care level for both, providers and patients.
- Compact stand-alone device with measurement time of 3 minutes
- Exceptional ease of use – requiring no special medical or technical skills and only minimal training.
- The ultrasound system consists of SonicBone’s proprietary probes, algorithm and measurement method.
BAUS™ Measurement Results’ Display Screens:
(Click screen shots to enlarge)